Yesterday (April 23rd) was Word Book Day!
Books mean the world to me, so to celebrate this special day I want to share some picture books from my personal collection with you. I can't say these are my absolute favorite books, though... I'm terrible at picking favorites. In my heart there is enough room for mountains and mountains of books!
These are the last 10 picture books that I have read (or re-read for the hundred time) in English, Spanish and, as strange as it might sound, bug language. I hope that you'll check them out in your neighborhood bookstore or your public library. You won't regret it!
So here they are in no particular order:
- Un Jardín, Isidro Ferrer & Maria Jose Ferrada (A Buen Paso)
- This Is Sadie, Sara O'Leary & Julie Morstad (Tundra Books)
- The Promise, Nicola Davis & Laura Carlin (Walker Books)
- La Familia de la Vajilla Impar, Catalina González Vilar & Isabel Hojas (Edelvives)
- The Twin's Blanket, Hyewon Yum (FSG/Foster)
- Jasón y Los Argonautas, Paloma Corral & Kike Ibañez (Milrazones)
- Sun & Moon, Lindsey Yankey (Simply Read Books)
- Mi Nueva Casa, Marta Altés (Blakie Books)
- Du Iz Tak?, Carson Ellis (Candelwick Press)
- Un Regalo Del Cielo, Gustavo Martín Garzo & Elena Odriozola (SM)
Did you read any amazing picture books recently?
Don't worry, I did not forget about the gift! Download these two book-ish illutrations, print them out and color them!: Coloring Pages from Polly Diamond and the Magic Book.